06 Sep Working together for Young Mental Health Safaplace Annual Conference 13/11/2021
Safaplaces 2021 Conference taking place online this weekend.
Safaplace, the young people’s mental health charity, is to host its fourth annual conference on Saturday 13 November.
This year’s theme is ‘Working Together for Young Mental Health’ and you can find more information here.
The conference is an opportunity to showcase some of the organisations doing great work in our community.
A lively and engaging programme of guest speakers helps explore different ways of maintaining positive wellbeing and mental health through creativity and discussion.
The event programme includes:
- Derek Owusu, the award-winning poet and authour of ‘That Reminds Me’ the first work of fiction to be published by Stormzy’s Merky Books imprint and winner of the Desmond Elliott Prize for debut fiction.
- Dr. Helen Sharples and Dr. Rachel Lee Jones return with their hugely popular talk on how to communicate with teenagers.
- Adisa the Verbaliser hosting a workshop on using poetry to support well-being.
- Local organisations The Discovery Ship, Targeted Health and the Open Minds Alliance (OMA) discuss their work with young people.
- Theresa Goacher discusses eating disorders, and Safaplace co-founder Sarah Finke and Trustee Richard Allen will give a workshop on supporting parents and carers.
- The morning will be completed with entertainment from the celebrated local poet and comedian legend John Hegley.
Date Saturday 13 November
Time 10am – 1pm
Price FREE to attend, donations welcome
The FREE conference will be hosted on the online platform Balloon.
For further information contact email@example.com